Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

John Smith, World Jumper Book One: Portal to Adventure, Part Nine


Part nine is up. It's always nice to finish a piece! Now If I can just get the next four parts up and actually finish the first book. It'll be great to have the whole thing published, expecially for all the people who are waiting to be able to read it at once.

I still think the serial idea has merit, but if I do it with "Portal to Peril," I'm really going to have to work on frequency, because I think it has to be two weeks between tops, not two months.

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know whether I'm a fan of the serial format or not. I read enough on Wattpad.com to be exposed to it and appreciate that it allows feedback between writer and readers. However, once I get into a story, I want to read it through. So I often find myself waiting on a promising story line until it’s complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. I started with the serial idea as an experiment because it matched the style of writing I was using for the story....but the format didn't turn out to be popular, probably because real life intruded on publishing a sizeable section on a bi-weekly or montly basis as I originally intended. The entire Portal to Adventure is available at smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/219
    and I am waiting until I have book two, portal to peril completed before posting it..

    ReplyDelete